Friday, August 1, 2008

My Worldcon Schedule

.
Today's post is all about me, I'm afraid. I'm going to Denvention next week, and thought I'd jot down my schedule, for those who might care to drop by and say hello.

Here it is:

Friday

Kaffeeklatch 10:00 a.m.

Tachyon Table (Signing) 11:00 a.m.

Asimov’s Table (Signing) 12:00 noon

Dark Destinies: The Worst Future You Can Imagine 2:30 p.m.

No swords, no horses: Fantasy without the Usual Tropes 5:30 p.m.


Saturday

Digging up SF: Paleontology in SF 10:00 a.m.

Reading: Michael Swanwick 11:30 a.m.

Signing at Tachyon Table 4:00-4:45 p.m.

Hugo Reception and Ceremony (I'm up for short story!) 17:30


And I'm also scheduled to accompany a walking tour sometime -- I'd better find out when quickly!

You'll note that I'm doing lots and lots of signings. I do rather hope this won't be a rerun of the time I did a signing at Forbidden Planet in London, opposite Anne McCaffrey. Ms McM. outdrew me by orders of magnitude. She had, it seemed, taken the elementary precaution of writing dozens of books that people loved. I've made a mental note to do this myself, just as soon as I can find the time.


Meanwhile, back at the Clarion Write-a-Thon . . .

Today's the final Thonning day! You can check out the forums here. And if you go to the one labeled Trouble Ensues and scroll down to the posting labeled Complete untitled story with German fixed and minor edits (it's not very far), you can read the round-robin story that a batch of us created in a fit of joie de creativity during the Thon. Despite what you'd think from the first few pages, it actually turns into a coherent story by the end.


And as always . . .

I've updated the Poem du Jour. This one's by by Adam Zagajewski, the single best poet whose name you're likely to have trouble spelling.

And there are new entries in Pastor Marcia's Journal! What an upbeat, positive person she is! When the two of us are together, people keep waiting for us to cancel each other out.

*



2 comments:

Farah Mendlesohn said...

I'll hope to catch up with you at Denvention. It was great seeing you at Readercon.

Farah

Rantalica said...

I'll be on that tour then! ;)) My comp crashed and I lost Marrianne's e-mail adress, I hope she's coming too! Mihaela, SFera (mmp(at)sfera.hr