Friday, January 14, 2011

Cool Stuff Is On Its Way!

.



Here's a snapshot, taken this morning, of Gregory Frost and myself recording the last five short podcasts in a series of a dozen tentatively titled Darger & Surplus Teach You . . . How To Run A Con!  As the hairier one, I, of course, play Surplus.  Greg is simply magnificent as Darger.

I'll be telling you where to find the podcasts just as soon as all the details are finalized.

As long as we were having fun -- and, trust me, it's grand fun being Darger & Surplus -- we made plans for a series of podcasts to promote one of Mr. Frost's future books.  Will it be as much fun as this series is?  Oh, yes, indeed.  I'm looking forward to it with glad anticipation.


And speaking of Gregory Frost . . .


The great fantasist will be reading at everybody's favorite Commie watering hole -- the KGB Bar -- in NYC on this coming Wednesday, January 19th at 7 p.m.   Also reading will be Linda D. Addison, whose latest collection of poetry Being Full of Light, Insubstantial, won a Bram Stoker Award.  Greg is a terrific reader and somebody you want to meet anyway.  But the Fantastic Fiction at KGB Bar series is an intrinsically pleasant experience in its own right.  (Alcohol and literature!  In an intimate setting!  With posters of Marxist heroes!  How can you go wrong?)  I'd be there every month, if only I lived in the Big Apple.

That's the KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Avenue, upstairs).  You can read about it here.



And speaking of podcasts . . .

I have, thanks to the good services of Jim Freund, an audio recording of my interview with Hope Mirrlees at the 2009 Readercon.  Not everybody could have arranged this interview.  Particularly since Miss Mirrlees died in 1978.

I'll be posting it here just as soon as I figure out what would be a good date to do so.

Above:  I appear to be in rather bad need of a haircut.  And that beard should be trimmed.  Greg looks good, though.

*

No comments: