Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Inside Front Cover Pages

.


Above:

There's not much of a pattern to what I stick onto the inside of the front cover.  When I find a sticker in my hands, that's where I normally place it.  Sometimes it all comes together; usually it doesn't.

The label comes from a package that Jason Van Hollander sent me.  I liked the graphic values so much that I decided to keep it permanently.  Here I've printed out a scan and censored the addresses, simply because you don't want to put your (or a friend's) street address out on the Web.  If anyone wants to send me physical mail, they can write me at P.O. Box 11807, Philadelphia, PA 19128.  USA.

The cloth flower is three-dimensional.  I forget where it came from.

Below:

Again, random stuff.  The TOW sticker was picked off the street.  My calling card has been censored, for exactly the same reason as above.  It was placed in a plastic envelope there against the chance that I lost the notebook and it fell into the hands of a civic-spirited individual.




*

4 comments:

Erin English said...

I do this exact thing as well with my sketchbooks.

Michael Swanwick said...

Yes, there's unquestionably an element of artist-envy involved here.

David Stone said...

Can you ask JVH for permission to show us the Xmas card? I don't think it is to be found on his website.

Michael Swanwick said...

I'll speak to Jason about it when next I see him. It's possible there are contractual limitations, though.