Friday, January 14, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 7

.


First, notes toward "Robot":

Bring up the South American War . . . let it dominate
clouds black, turning grey, & then invisible

I've been trying to write "Robot" for something like a quarter of a century.  I began it immediately after Bill Gibson and I finished "Dogfight," to preserve some cool bits he kicked out.  It'll be a good story if ever I can find out what the heck it's missing.

Then an attempt to write a bit of doggerel titled "Recursive Poem":

This is a poem celebrating itself
In structure & meter & rhyme
It's not at all about anything else
Than its meaning, its author, its time

A successful piece of light verse would have gone on from there.  By now, however, I felt that my own feeble attempt had overstayed its welcome.

Those cryptic notes in the middle mean I was working on organizing the photos for "October Leaves."

*

No comments: