Friday, January 28, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 17

.


A panel from Dilbert and half of a picture of an expensive corkscrew.  Plus some very odd odds and ends.

1.  "Love me, do"  No idea why that's there.  Maybe it's the title for item two?  But if so, I forget exactly why.

2.  An anecdote which starts out looking like it's going to be about Janis Ian.  But which is actually about Bob the Musician.  B the M was a friend from my early poverty-drenched days in Philadelphia, back in the early 1970s.  I have a couple of stories about Bob the Musician.  I forget how I was going to use Janis as the lead-in, though.

I probably should have just written the whole thing down.  It sounds pretty good.

3.  The answer to a question that's vexed philosophers for milennia:

Q:  What is Art 4?
A.  One more than Art 3.

4.  Most drowned boaters, she said, are found with their flies open.  They were drunk, and they stood up to take a leak, and the rest -- well, the rest is marine boat insurance protocol.

Considering how many times Janis Ian comes up in this flurry of pages, I should probably mention that this factoid didn't come from her.

5.  Pity Jack Frost!  All the work he has to do!  And only a raft of nubile underage young women to help him do it.

There's probably a story in there somewhere.  Note that after I wrote it down, I very thoughtfully transcribed the unreadable parts.  Thanks, me!  I couldn't have read that item without your help.

*

No comments: