Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The World's Smallest Stop-Motion Animation

.


As I mentioned the other day, I was at the Philadelphia Pen Show over the weekend.  And with a small fraction of the money I saved by not buying the hand-crafted pen I really really wanted, I was able to pick up a pen for public signings.

Eileen Gunn has surely recognized the pen as being an updated version of the one I wielded when I posed for my portrait with cutting-edge artist Francisco Goya.  You can compare and contrast here at the Infinite Matrix site.


And speaking of the world's smallest stop-motion animation . . .

This is so very, very cool.





And here's the mini-documentary on how it was done.  Even cooler.




*

3 comments:

SpeakerToManagers said...

Ever so cool! Of course, it would be Ardman who'd do something like that. Thanks for posting it.

Eileen Gunn said...

That is a cool pen, Michael, and a cool veideo as well. The mystery remains of how Kinney and Mavrides shrunk you an d Goya down for the photo shoot.

Michael Swanwick said...

You don't want to know, EIleen! It involved hot sand and scooping out my intestines and . . . well, after that it got gross.

I suffer for my art.

And I make sure that my readers do too.