Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 80

.


* * Interview Hartwell on Gotham.

Q.  It once was that every sf writer who hoped to make it had to move to NYC . . .

[I have no idea why I fixated on that particular question; perhaps it was for my "Singular Interviews" series.  Or maybe background for some future NYC novel?]


"Trust me, darling," she [something something] on the [something].  "I've got bigger fish to fry."


"Tried to stuff an [something] up her snatch."
"She did not."
. . .
"Did she?"
. . .
"Oh, dear God."

Again, no idea what those two items were for.  They sound like I was working on a story, though.  The speakers are definitely female.  Don't ask me why I should remember that but not what they were talking about.

Finally, an entry from my dream diary.  This may be fictional, but I think not.  It sounds like one of my dreams:

I dreamed that Darger and Surplus came to me and offered to tell me the plot of the novel in exchange for a perfectly reasonable cut of the advance.  I awoke with no memory of what they told me and an empty wallet.

*

No comments: