Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tawny Petticoats

.


I'm playing hooky this afternoon!  For the past couple of weeks I've been a good kid -- did the taxes, wrote profiles for program books, arranged flights to distant conventions, signed contracts, etc., etc., etc.  Today I've made some time for myself, and I'm going to write for a change.

Currently I'm working on story called "Tawny Petticoats," in which Darger & Surplus take on a female partner.  Will she, as Darger predicts, sleep with both of them, turn them against each other, and in the end abscond with the swag, leaving the two rascals with nothing but regret and rue for all their efforts?

I don't know yet.  I'll simply have to write the thing and see.


Pictured above:  Notes for the story.  Marianne and I were visiting Aunt Evangeline and, seeing me scribbling on a paper napkin, she got out the phone pad.  A very gracious lady.  I like her a lot.

*

No comments: