Monday, July 30, 2012

I Have Achieved Newfoundland

.


Hey, everybody:

I made it!  Marianne & I got on the plane 8 p.m. Friday, flew to Ontario, changed planes and flew to Halifax, changed planes again, and arrived in Deer Lake at 10 a.m. Saturday morning.  After a day spent exploring Gros Morne, we drove wildly up to the northernmost tip of Newfoundland and arrived at our B&B in L'Anse aux Meadows just in time to go out to dinner.

Then, driving through Quirpon (a glimpse of which you can see above), we saw a moose.  A real, wild moose.  This would not impress a Newfoundlander, who consider moose to be a terrible nuisance.  But it was a pretty big deal for me.

I'm writing this post on Sunday night and just a moment ago, Marianne called me out on the back porch because the clouds had parted and the Milky Way was visible overhead.

Now I have postcards to write.  Please consider this to be my postcard to you.

Well, and hoping you are the same,
Michael

No comments: