Tuesday, September 25, 2012

From Ghoulies and Ghosties, Long-Leggitie Beasties...

.
From Ghoulies and Ghosties, Long-Leggitie Beasties . . .
(Part 1)

That year summer lasted halfway to forever.

Continued tomorrow.


And for those who came in late . . .

 This is the first sentence of  a story that I'll be serializing, one sentence at a time, every day from now to Halloween.  When it's done, the framed typescript will be auctioned off on eBay with all the proceeds to go to the  Clarion West Writers Workshop, to help train the next generation of writers.


And meanwhile, in the outside world . . .

When I was a gonnabe writer, I went to all the SF conventions I could and attended as many panels as possible, because I was looking for the Secret Handshake -- the one bit of information that would turn me into a real writer.  In this I was wise.  I never did learn the Secret Handshake, but I managed to pick up an enormous amount of information that in combination with my constant scribbling, made me good enough to be published.

Nowadays, I only rarely attend panels I'm not on.  I'm afraid that I'll learn something that will undo everything I've painstakingly achieved to date.  But if I did attend panels, I'd definitely go to this one (waning: it's 77 minutes long; you may not want to start viewing it at work).  I've heard these stories before and they're still hilarious:




*

No comments: