This is kind of an experiment. I've been posting fiction, mostly SF but a little fantasy, on Twitter once a day for the past couple of weeks. Just to see if it can be done.
I expect to be doing this for another month or so. If you're curious about future tweets or twits or whatever they're called, my handle on Twitter is @michaelswanwick.
And here are the first several:
1. Knew a woman who took her children to a store filled with wardrobes. The rest of her life she traveled from world to world, looking for them. (12/7/15)
2. Earth almost made it into the Galactic Union. Then they discovered how delicious we are. (12/9/15)
4. Cryogenically frozen for a thousand years – and the first thing I’m asked is “Did you know Justin Bieber?” (12/10/15)
5. First our phones got smart. Then they got smarter. Then – excuse me, my master calls. (12/11/15)
6. We genetically engineered a vampire that sucks fat. Our profits are off the map. (12/12/15)
7. Went back in time to kill Hitler. Returned just as the Soviet invasion of America began. (12/13/15)
8. The good news is that the world is going to end tomorrow. You probably don’t want to hear the bad news. (12/14/15)
9. In 2034, toons were granted full citizenship. In 2035, falling anvils became the leading cause of accidental death. (12/15/15)
10. I was the first immortal man. How quickly all women became too young for me!(12/16/15)
11. Our artificially intelligent robots wouldn’t work for what we were paying them. So we invented artificial stupidity. (12/17/15)
12. Mercury has the hottest women in the Solar System. I’m covered with second degree burns. (12/18/15)
13. Devolution Machine a great success. So many people want to be beastlier! (12/19/15)